Roomba 690 pros & cons
- It precisely indicates a dirty area and moves exactly towards it and does it even a couple of times
- The App is definitely helpful, it suggests how to solve the problem in case it has stuck, in addition to an immediate signal
- I suppose it should have a sensor on the top because it’s constantly sticking
- In the kit there is only one tower, so you can protect only a doorway but e.g. a dog bowl will be left behind
- Be ready for its bumping at first times, but then it will get used to it and remember the interior
Roomba 665 pros & cons
- It’s able to match any kind of hardwood because it has a two brush cleaning system where both work incoherently. The floor really shines after it
- I’ve seen it uselessly continued vacuuming when everything was done but it didn’t return to the dock station
- I have all types of the surface at home: tile, carpet, hardwood, so it’s a challenge for a robovac. Roomba 665 gets stuck on the carpet under the back of the recliner and shuts off
Roomba 690 vs 665 – robovacs for different purposes
First that I'd like to admit is that roomba 665 vs 690 differs drastically in sizing – Roomba 690 (13 x 3.7 x 13 inches) is significantly smaller that its opponent, Roomba 690 (17.8 x 17.2 x 4.9 inches), so is more portable and appropriate for low furniture. It's quite comfy to connect Roomba 690 to Google home and save time through voice commands. In contrast, Roomba 665 charges faster (3 against 4-5 hours), which is a great timesaver.
If we compare roomba 690 vs roomba 665 in terms of a dustbin, the first one is definitely a leader – 1000 ml vs 300 ml, as well as in terms of suction Roomba 690 is more powerful – 1000 pa in contrast to 600 pa bf Roomba 665.
Both of these models have the same using area – 1000 square feet. So, this factor doesn’t influence the final choice.
Roomba 690 versus Roomba 665 isn’t noticeable louder from my personal experience (nearly 68 vs 65 db respectively).
In a roomba 665 vs 690 comparison, in terms of carpet cleaning, Roomba 690 is more sufficient and enduring because Roomba 655 is used to constantly sticking on a long-thread carpet.