iRobot Roomba 650 - an independent cleaning assistant
Recently I have tested a really cool device, Roomba 650, model that eliminated even the dog hair wonderfully and had a virtual wall barrier, which I used for limiting its work to a certain area, thus it was done more profound in comparison Roomba 650 vs 690.
Roomba 650 Pros & Cons
- It detected the dirtiest places and paid more attention to them, mostly in the kitchen, also it made each time new itinerary in order to clean all areas
- It really looked self-sufficient on transitions between carpets and laminate, so I wasn't afraid to leave it along
- I tried it both during a day and night. It worked equally well in peach darkness and in daylight
- It moves super fast, it's cool, but also it misses a pile of debris where more time for cleaning is required
- I used it almost intuitively because its screen contained not enough info
- It should have a dustbin sensor because it can release and collect the same dust when the dustbin isn't in place or the vacuum motor has failed
Roomba 690 - a high-tech tool for chores
As for me, Wi-Fi in this model is the most essential detail because it signaled me what it had finished, when a dustbin was full or when parts needed to be replaced.
Roomba 690 Pros & Cons
- I'm used to Alexa, so it is a valuable discovery for me to launch cleaning process via a voice command
- Wi-Fi works without questions. I check how it is going with cleaning
- The dirtiest place in my house is the front door mat. It magically moves right there each time and does an extra cleaning
- It definitely should have a sensor on the top because it got under the low furniture and stuck there
- It got used to my furniture, but at the beginning, it bumped loudly into it, but then it improved
- Sometimes it didn't make it back to the docking station, but, perhaps, it happened that way, because I didn't have enough wall space on each side of the charging dock
What is worth buying - iRobot Roomba 690 or iRobot Roomba 650?
If you follow instructions, you won't have any issues with iRobot 690 or 650, but which one exactly to choose?
Robot Roomba 690 vs 650 has remote and voice control and Wi-Fi, but Roomba 650 maneuvers perfectly and doesn’t get stuck.
In contrast, Roomba 690 occasionally sticks under low furniture, but Roomba 650 has smaller using area in comparison to Roomba 690 (1000 versus 800 square feet).
Pay attention to Roomba's 650 suction abilities and it almost never gets stuck, but note that if we compare it to 690, it looks more retro, because it lacks innovations like the APP-like Roomba 690 has.