A nagging question - iRobot Roomba 650 vs iRobot Roomba 870
iRobot Roomba 650 - a device with capacities of high qualities
I'd like to share my impression on my checking of iRobot 650 vs 870 in order to help you make a choice about a new vacuum cleaner. Roomba 650 impressed me by its ability to avoid wires on a floor under my working table, so there it didn't stick.
Roomba 650 Pros & Cons
- Manageable noise level. I didn't increase volume on my laptop while it was working around
- It managed to find its dock station, so I didn't need to put it there manually
- It announced that it needed help when it got stuck on a carpet or a bathroom door closed
- It always stopped at the very step edge. It stopped all motions to prevent it from falling
- It didn't manage to get on a thick fluffy carpet, so I put it there manually, but it missed the dust on an edge
- The story continued on the rag, it didn't clean it properly like it did with dirt on the wooden floor. I returned it on spots, it tried but failed
Roomba 870 - superb quality at pleasant cost
I have decided that I would compare Irobot Roomba 650 to similar to it model; in order to find out should we pay more for long battery and remote control by testing roomba 870 or 650.
Roomba 870 Pros & Cons:
- I thought that the new rubber brushes without bristles wouldn’t clean as properly as it the 650 did, which used a roller and bristle, but I was pleasantly surprised. Due to this innovation, it cleaned both dirt and dust; also, it was easier to clean it
- Battery life is long. It completed the whole cleaning and battery didn't die, so it returned to the dock by itself
- Transitions from floor to carpet are smooth. It is important for me because I have a carpet in each room
- It doesn't need to be supervised because it can find a way out when it got stuck between pieces of furniture. I saw like it overcame such problem at the fourth try
- Firstly it seemed like it ignored some random areas, but then I saw how it returned to that places after it had finished completely another room. It looked bizarre and inconsequent
- I manually lifted it on each carpeted stair because there it was absolutely helpless
- Its small size is cool, but dustbin is small too, so it bothers me to empty it after each tidying up
iRobot Roomba 870 or iRobot Roomba 650
If you follow instructions, you won't have any issues with Roomba 650 or 870 but they are very alike, so I decided to which one exactly to choose?
Roomba 870 has a remote control, but Roomba 650 maneuvers perfectly and doesn't get stuck.
In contrast, Roomba 870 sticks under low furniture, but Roomba 650 has smaller battery capacity in comparison to Roomba 870 (3000 versus 2600 mAH).
So, before purchasing, note that it doesn't get entangled in wires and in general, Roomba 650 is more paying proposition if we compare it to Roomba 690, but if you need more innovative brushes, choose Roomba 870.