iLife iRobot Roomba 650 — helps to thrive in cleaning at pleasant cost
Recently I have done Irobot comparison of Roomba 650 vs 652 models. So, I’d like to share my impression to eliminate your doubts about these vacuum cleaners. Roomba 650 impressed me with its low noise.
iLife Roomba 650 Pros & Cons
- It manages to go around cords, so it doesn’t tangle itself under my working table. Even if it had stuck there, it would have signaled me like he did when the door closed behind it
- It finds dock without delay, so I don’t worry about it gets lost or sticks somewhere
- I let it work during the night because it deals with cleaning equally during a day and in darkness
- I was utterly surprised when discovered while it was cleaning my striped carpet, that it couldn’t clean black surfaces. It seems that it has some hurdles with dark surfaces. It can’t register such areas
- On a rug edge, where it lifted up on, it missed a bit of dirt and it didn’t return, so the area was left undone
- I moved it a zillion times on my fluffy rag, but it did the work superficially, although with the wooden floor it was great
iLife iRobot Roomba 652 — a maneuverable cleaning device
During the testing, I discovered that Roomba 652 sometimes keeps going on the one spot, so I have to remove it manually to another place, but daily programming at the certain time is convenient when I’m at work.
iLife Roomba 652 Pros & Cons
- I am concerned about light furniture and walls are left unblemished. I noticed that it slows down before any barrier, so it doesn’t leave marks and I have worried in vain because I have ones
- TIt doesn’t bounce into walls and table legs. It has decent sensors for stopping before a stair’s edge, so It doesn’t use barriers. It doesn’t need moderation when I leave it to clean on the second floor
- I conducted an experiment and left a pair of socks to look if it picked them up or stuck, but it didn’t suck them up and went around that place
- It doesn’t support smart house which I am used to. I would like to pair it with Alexa and start cleaning via a voice command, but not manually schedule it
- It usually stops after an hour of work. That's plenty of time to complete cleaning, but if you want you can launch it once again most rooms, but I’m pretty satisfied with results as they are
- It takes a while to return to its dock station, up to 10 minutes it is looking for the direction back
Are you ready to make valid inference iRobot Roomba 652 or iRobot Roomba 650?
iLife On the one hand, Roomba 650 has a display, but Roomba 652 has bigger using area in comparison to Roomba 650 (1000 versus 800 square feet). On the other hand, Roomba 650 is much heavier, but Roomba 652 is a bit louder.
If you find iRobot Roomba 652 and 650 comparison not enough to make a choice, check out my other lists where I compare different models and include more details from my own testing then comparison chart includes.
So, before buying you should consider that Roomba 650 is for you if you need quit device that detects the dirtiest spots and returns straight away to the charger and Roomba 652 is your choice if maneuverability and barrier detection are essential for you.