A question of current importance - iRobot Roomba 650 vs iRobot Roomba 614
iRobot Roomba 650 - decent cleaning at decent price
I initially have been testing Roomba 650, which became safer for me as for a pet owner because results of its cleaning were visible right away. It was carefully picking up all dog hair and even some dog food nuggets.
iRobot Roomba 650 Pros & Cons
- It is not noisy at all. I was watching a film on my laptop without headphones and even didn't increase volume while it was working around
- Roomba announced that it needed help when it was cleaning in the bathroom and a door closed
- It perfectly maneuvered through electrical tangled cables in the area of the TV, a receiver and subwoofers
- It returned on its charging station, so the IR signal worked flawlessly and I didn't need to put it there manually
- It didn't clean the under table area because it bounced on the chair legs 2 times and switched its direction
- On a rug edge, where it lifted up on, it missed a bit of dirt and it didn't return, so the area was left undone
- It didn't do a great job on a thick matt at the entry door that is always muddy, but I am used to shaking it up outside
- It marks white baseboards up. I don't have white bumpers, so for me, it's a problem
iRobot Roomba 614 - high quality at a pleasant price tag
This model is pleasantly cheaper than many others in its range; also it cleans hard-to-reach places decently, but I came up with some essential issues.
Roomba 614 Pros & Cons
- It managed to clean corners, although I was skeptical about it, also it had a long brush
- Smooth transition from wooden floor to a carpet. I have only one, but I didn't rearrange it manually
- I was concerned about stairs, but it performed great. Its cliff sensor definitely works
- The first and foremost, it worked loudly, not as standard vacuum cleaner, but it scared my dog and I heard it through music in headphones
- I assume that its battery can die out before it returns to the station because when I pressed the dock button and expected it to come to the dock, it was rambling around more than a half an hour until it got there. It seemed that it was distracted, but nothing special hindered it
- It doesn't have time scheduling function, but I was annoyed when discovered that it was stated in the manual
iRobot Roomba 650 vs iRobot Roomba 614 comparison verdict
If you follow the instruction you won't have any issues with iRobot Roomba 614 or Roomba 650, but which one exactly to choose I have tried to define in my robot vacuums comparison because not all practical nuances are displayed in iRobot Roomba 650 vs Roomba 614 comparison chart.
Roomba 650 has twice longer battery life than Roomba 614 (120 versus 60 min, respectively), however, 614 cleans edges better.
The main 614 drawback is lack of display and time scheduling function, but 650 has smaller using area in comparison to 614 (1000 vs 800 square feet).
Finally, before purchasing iRobot Roomba 614 or iRobot 650, check its noise level because Roomba 650 has more maneuverability and low noise level. However, Roomba 614 because it's more self-dependent and doesn't stick.